Notable Chicago Punk Events in 1980
- February 1980 - End Result's first show at Mercy Mission Home For Boys - 1140 West Jackson - where Alan Jones resided.
- March 6, 1980 - The Imports debut at Ann Arkees in Chicago.
- April 30, 1980 - Grand Opening of Club 950 Lucky Number with headliners Special Affect
- May 1, 1980 - Public Image Limited plays at the Riviera
- May 17, 1980 - the Ramones play at UIC
- June 1980 - Steve Albini moves to Chicago from Montana to enroll at Northwestern
- June 21, 1980 - Negro Commando (soon to be Naked Raygun) play their first show at 222 S. Morgan St.
- July 12, 1980 - Devo plays the Aragon Ballroom
- September 5, 1980 - Strike Under plays their first gig, at Northwestern
- September or October 1980 - Earl Letiecq meets the other members of what would become The Effigies at Oz
- October 5, 1980 - Naked Raygun's third gig, in Detroit. Before the show, the band has to retrieve Bobby Strange's drums from the pawn shop.
- November 9, 1980 The Effigies played at Oz, their first show ever
- November 27 & 29, 1980 - Strike Under play Oz
- December 1980 - Oz on Hubbard Street closes; the club relocates to its third (and final) location at 3714 N Broadway
- December 5, 1980 - The Imports play their final gig at Seventh Street Entry in Minneapolis.
- December 9, 1980 - Strike Under plays Waves. Steve and Chris Bjorklund got in a fight onstage, culminating with Steve Bjorklund jumping off stage, trashing a pinball machine, and leaving the club mid-gig. The band never played Waves again.
- December 10, 1980 - Mission of Burma plays Waves (the ad for the show misidentifies them as "Mission From Burma"). Da opens.
- December 12, 1980 - Black Flag plays Stages, with the Effigies. Captain Beefheart plays Tuts that night also.
- December 13, 1980 - Black Flag plays Oz
- December 31, 1980 - Naked Raygun and the Wayouts play Oz. It is Jim Colao's first gig with Raygun