Los Crudos were a South Side hardcore band from 1991 to 1999. They were pioneers in the entire Chicago scene, as they sung almost exclusively in Spanish and fiercely adhered to the DIY ethic. The impact of Los Crudos is felt today - not just in the vibrance of the current Southkore and spanish-speaking hardcore movement, but the acceptance of said movement in the predominantly white punk scenes in the North side, suburbs and country at large.
Crudos played a reunion show at the 2005 Southkore festival in Little Village.
Los Crudos also played two reunion shows in 2013 at Chicago Futbol.
- MySpace page
- 1997 Iinterview with lead singer Martin
- Wikipedia Entry on Los Crudos
- Chicago Reader on Southkore and Los Crudos impact
- Another article on Southkore and Crudos impact
- Los Crudos, Amsterdam, 4 august 2016 - YouTube
- "Los Crudos celebrate their 25th year with nine days of music and art" - Article on chicagoreader.com