Steve Albini - frontman for Big Black and mega recording engineer. Short info for now...
- Born July 22, 1962 in Pasadena California
- Grew up mostly in Montana
- Moved to Chicago/Evanston in June 1980 to attend Northwestern
- Frontman for Big Black, one of the bands responsible for the formation of punk and industrial music in Chicago
- Former member of Rapeman, Just Ducky (Montana), Flour, Small Irregular Pieces of Aluminum and Stations, and, according to wikipedia "another band that record label Touch and Go/Quarterstick Records explained "he [Albini] is paying us not to mention."
- Played bass on Pegboy's Fore EP
- Current Member of Shellac
- Quit his day job in 1986 and created a studio in his house. This was the first time he started charging for recording bands and for his time.
- In 1995, he moved his studio out of his house, creating Electrical Audio
- Recorded, produced and engineered many early Chicago punk bands including Naked Raygun
- Went on to national notoriety after producing bands such as Sonic Youth and Nirvana.
- Continues to play with the reunited Big Black and Shellac
- Records bands on a sliding scale
- John Bains, 1993
- Vacant.org in Great Britian
- Podcast on Big Black where Steve is interviewed