Impulse Manslaughter was a band from the mid-to-late 80s. The band's sound could be described as a mix of crusty punk and metal. Vocalist Karl Patton remained the only constant member through out the band's lifetime, although bassist Vince Vogel joined in 1988 and stayed until the end.
- Karl Patton - Vocals (1985-1993)
- Mike (Chris) Hanley - Guitar/Bass (1985-1989)
- Vince Vogel - Bass (1988-1993)
- Glen Herman- Drums (1985-1989)
- Nick Stevens - Bass (1986-1987)
- John Tolczyk - Guitar (1989-1991)
- Dan Duchaine - Drums (1990-1993)
- Rob Lanam - Guitar (1991-1993)
- Randy Sorkin - Guitar (1985)
- Rick McKelvy - Guitar (1993)
- Mike Schaefer - Guitar (1987)
- Burn One Naked and Nuke It 7" EP (Fatal Reaction 1986/reissued by Nuclear Blast in 1990)
- He Who Laughs Last...Laughs Alone LP (Underdog Records (USA)/Nuclear Blast (Germany) 1987)
- Logical End LP (Walkthrufyre Records (USA)/Nuclear Blast (Germany) 1988)
- Sometimes 7" EP (Mind Control/Nuclear Blast 1992)
- No War split 7" w/Provocation (1993)
- Logical End/He Who Laughs Last...Laughs Alone CD (Nuclear Blast 1998)
- Live At WFMU CD (Beer City Records, 2003)
- Chicago hardcore band I ATTACK covers They Start The War on their American Dream 7"
- One of the first bands signed to Nuclear Blast Records, a very popular metal label, who issued all their records in Europe.
- The group briefly split in 1989, and John Tolczyk,Vince Vogel and Glen Herman formed Vermicious Knids. Impulse Manslaughter quickly reunited when Logical End started receiving some success and praise in Europe.