Iain Burgess was one of the most prominent producers of the early Chicago punk era. It is often said that Iain, by virtue of recording the seminal records of the Chicago Punk era, was the person most responsible for the Chicago Sound. Iain was best known for recording during weekends at the Chicago Recording Company, though he recorded at anywhere and everywhere in the city at some point. On Thursday February 11, 2010 Iain passed away from complications related to pancreatic and liver cancer.
Body of Work
- Bhopal Stiffs - EPA 12", Self-titled 7"
- Big Black - Atomizer, Bulldozer, Racer X
- Blatant Dissent - Is There A Fear? 7"
- Bloodsport - I Am The Game LP
- The Defoliants - Grrr LP
- The Effigies - Fly on a Wire, Ink
- Heavy Manners - Politics & Pleasure EP
- Ministry - 12 Inch Singles (1981-1984)
- Naked Raygun - Throb Throb, All Rise, Jettison
- Pegboy - Three Chord Monte, Earwig
- MEN - Matrix of Compassion, Hermanutics
For much of his later life, Iain operated a recording studio in France called Black Box.
- Black Box
- Dionnaie 49520 NOYANT LA GRAVOYERE
- 02 41 61 58 66
- fax : 02 41 61 65 56