Breaking Circus was a Minneapolis-area postpunk band from the 1980s. The band was based in Minneapolis, but actually formed in the Chicago area. For their first gig Breaking Circus had a double debut with Silent Language at the Cubby Bear on Saturday, July 2, 1983.
In 1986, Bjorklund moved to Minneapolis and began working with Rifle Sport. The band released Ice Machine and Smokers' Paradise in 1987, and broke up the following year.
- Steve Bjorklund - Vocals, Guitar
- Phil Harder - Guitar
- Peter Conway aka Flour - Bass
- Todd Trainer - Drums
- The Very Long Fuse EP (1985, Homestead Records)
- Smokers Paradise EP (1986, Positive)
- The Ice Machine LP (1987, Homestead)